Thursday, January 1, 2015

January Currently

First time linking up with  Oh Boy, Fourth Grade! for a January Currently...


listening to... can never get away from the street noise. It's pretty soothing now that I'm used to it. The streets were dead this morning and it made me a bit nervous, haha!

loving... Yes, you read that right. Two pretty standard things but I've never seen them in Rwanda before! I love scavenging for new things to buy here because you just never know what you'll find. When I came here five years ago, there wasn't even reasonably priced ice cream!

thinking... This was the first Christmas I spent away from my family as I've traveled home every other year. It's definitely quieter here during the holidays...everyone just goes about their business. I suppose time is money! 

 wanting... this won't come for about three weeks, but I'm still wanting it all the same! It has some much needed cosmentics in it.

needing... yes, I've been home nearly three weeks and have yet to plan anything for next week. I think I'll go into work tomorrow and get some things done.

Yes.. I'm going to a wedding in South Africa in April. It will be my first time there and I'm meeting up with a friend that I haven't seen in a while. I'm excited but I really do need to start looking at plane tickets!

Maybe... this has been on my maybe list for two years. I'm still running regularly. Maybe this is the year.

I wish.. Yes, I think this is true for all teachers.

-- Jennifer 



8 comments:

  1. Oh, I definitely wish for another week off! I'm also teaching internationally in Grand Cayman. It's such a fun adventure to teach students from all over the world. :)
    Emilie
    Island Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool! I'd love to visit the Caymans someday! It really is! Thanks for the comment and Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Wow- your whole life is an adventure! Here's to Revlon and Hershey's! What great perspective you're gaining. Happy New Year! Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! It definitely feels like an adventure sometimes! haha.

      Delete
  3. Oh another week off school would be epic. I have until Monday, which is good because I too have tons of plan in my head, but none on paper. It sounds like you have great adventures planned for this year.
    Kovescence of the Mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go back on Monday too. I definitely need to get some work done tomorrow. Thanks, I'm really looking forward to 2015. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  4. Rwanda!! Your life seems so exciting. ...I have way too many "plans" that never become plans. My goal is to be productive today and turn as many of those "plans" into plans as possible. AND, hope for a miraculous extra week of vacation.

    Heather
    Smack Dab in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! Sorry I didn't reply back earlier!

      Delete